Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Fruitcake Anyone?


Okay, it's time for me to step up to the plate and defend an easy target that keeps getting bashed unjustly at this time of year. Yes, I'm talking about Christmas Fruitcake. Fruitcake is the butt of more jokes at this time of year than tofu. I don't know whose Christmas Cake all these complaining people are eating, but the Missus makes a damn fine fruitcake and I'm pretty sure she hasn't got some secret that nobody else is in on. I say, lay off the fruitcake.

8 comments:

  1. Can I bash tofu fruitcake? Cuz that just seems like a really wrong-headed notion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fruitcake? Yes, please! I've never tried a fruitcake I didn't like. (I mean of the food variety.) I don't care if it's home made or store bought, I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since there is pretty much NO chance anyone will return to Jack's post about vaccines, just thought I'd toss this link out. Pretty sound advice from skeptic-land.

    http://skepticblog.org/2009/12/22/what-if-anything-can-skeptics-say-about-science/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dan, what do you take away from that link? Do you still stand against the scientific community when it comes to the flu vaccine?

    ReplyDelete
  5. My biggest concern was not that the flu vaccine lacked merit but that folks were basing their decision about whether or not to get a shot not upon the danger the virus presented, but upon the fear mongering media conflagration that surrounded all reportage on the piggy bug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think shots are mostly unnecessary. But fill your boots, man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back to the fruitcake... have you ever tried Stollen? My friend Bodo has me on his list for a yearly loaf of that and it is awesome! Kind of fruitcake-ish and with a vein of marzipan in the middle... yum yum!!

    ReplyDelete